Saturday, November 23 we will be having our annual Turkeytastic family meal delivery day.
Every year we provide a whole fresh turkey, and all the fixings to families and households in Johnston County and surrounding areas that need a helping hand.
We see many different people, from those who are chronically ill or have been struggling for some time, to those who are newly unemployed and Thanksgiving is just too much of a strain financially.
Some are elderly, some are younger but need knows no season, race, or age.
Last year we delivered full family meals to 38 different households totaling over 100 people!
Call (919) 934-9257 to find out how to get plugged in!
Here are a few ways you can help
- Help us distribute turkey meals Saturday, November 23. At 9:30 am we will gather for breakfast, then at 10 AM we will load up the Turkeytastic boxes and deliver to homes across Johnston County. If you can’t make it for breakfast that’s ok, come ready to deliver a box and bless someone in need!
- Bring items from the list below to 523 Glen St., our main office Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 4 PM. If you can’t bring it those hours, call 919-934-9257 and we will make arrangements for you to bring it at a time more convenient for you.
- If you can’t come, be a sponsor! Click here
- We still need a few people to be present on Thanksgiving Day to help prepare and share the meal with our residents. Call 919-934-9257 to find out more.
Meal Items Needed:
- Frozen turkeys
- Boxes of stuffing (such as Stove Top or another brand)
- Canned vegetables (green beans, yams, corn, etc.)
- Cranberry sauce
- Mini marshmallows
- Dinner rolls (the kind that don’t need to be refrigerated or frozen)